Sunday 19 September 2010

REPORTERS ARE LIKE GOLD

Here's an interesting video *I discovered of an interview with US Elle editor-in-chief, Robbie Myers, in which she affirms the importance of having a strong reporting and journalistic background if you want to break into the fashion writing world...

If you've read the blog before, I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that for me Elle is the epitome of a the perfect fashion monthly. To hear Robbie Myers say the words "we need people who know how to report" pretty much makes my life. This masters I've just started teaches reporting and writing, law, government and politics, production and presentation and features writing, and seeing this interview just makes me MORE convinced I've done the right thing by getting the neccessary overall journalistic skills first with a view to eventually moving in this direction.

Plus, is it just me or does Robbie have a beautiful voice? Seriously, it's like honey. I could listen to her talking all day...

Roll on monday morning!

*The video wouldn't embed for some reason? I really need some classes in HTML!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...