Wednesday 8 September 2010

BUT THE EYES ARE BLIND, ONE MUST LOOK WITH THE HEART

"The men where you live," said the little prince, "raise five thousand roses in the same garden - and they do not find in it what the are looking for."
"They do not find it," I replied.
"And yet what they are looking for could be found in one single rose or in a litle water."
"Yes, that is true," I said.
And the little prince added:


I don't know why it looks pure wonky like that, my Dad took the photo... Trust me when I say it is much straighter in real life. It looks exactly like the text as you would type it.

I got it in Courier font and it's really small, exactly like how I wanted. I'm so happy with it, and despite what the "helpful" goth-girl waiting next to me said, it was NOT painful. I repeat, it was NOT painful.

Now, I am by no means tough as nails. In fact I would go as far as to say I am a complete wuss when it comes to any sort of pain - so the fact that all it felt like was a hot, uncomfortable, but entirely bareable scratching, was a huge relief.

In the end I went to Tribal Body Art in Edinburgh. I'm sure there are loads of places in Glasgow where I could have gone, but it was another excuse to see my pal again.

Also, if you weren't as lucky as me to read Le Petit Prince in French class, the English version will suffice. Simple, moving, touching, and brilliant.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...