Friday 24 December 2010

AND THE ROAD HAS ALWAYS LED WEST


"Happiness only real when shared."
(quote from Christopher McCandless as shown in Into The Wild)

New tat planned for January.

"It should not be denied that being footloose has always exhilarated us. It is associated in our minds with escape from history and oppression and law and irksome obligations. Absolute freedom. And the road has always led west."




Considering getting a compass tattoo aswell. Not just because of this film, but because I've always loved the Great American novels and I'm fascinated by the notion of the American Dream and the ideology of early westwards expansion and exploration into the unknown. It holds a lot of metaphorical meaning for me and I'd like to have the reminder of that somewhere on my body.

But where?!

2 comments:

The Robyn Diaries said...

I think the wrist or forearm would be great places for the compass, or the inside of the top of the arm?

R x

Unknown said...

Have you seen where I have my anchor and diamond? I was never one for leg tattoos... but I like them being hidden away kinda down near my feet :) Sounds like a lovely idea for a tattoo missus. Im defo wanting inked again next year! Have a lovely christmas girlie :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...