Friday 24 September 2010

HOUSE OF HOLLAND SS11

Pics first, review second.








I didn't like it. I mean, it had pleats and TASSELS and everything, but I just didn't really get it, or rather, get INTO it. I liked the colour palette of turquoise, pinks, greens and metalics, and as ever, one or two of the pieces (mostly the fringed and tasseled pieces I guess) were beautiful, but on the whole I was bored. I like Henry Holland because he's the essence of London fashion - a bit out there, a bit cheeky, young, eccentric, etc. If anyone was going to stay away from this 70s vibe it was going to be him. Or so I thought.

Nope, he was all over that trend. Citing a banana leaf as his inspiration, that print dominated his most commercial collection yet. Yawn. YAWN. Even the hair and makeup was boring. Bronzed cheeks? Big deal. I can't even tell you how disappointed I was.

To contrast with this collection, just LOOK at how awesome AW was:




This was SO ghetto fabulous! I could have worn any one of those pieces comfortably - in fact I would KILL someone for the C.T.F.O top (chill the fuck out, y'all).

Hey, it's just my opinion. Who thinks I'm talking rubbish? Thoughts?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...