Friday 15 April 2011

DRESS UP WITH TOPSHOP & BALLET BANTER

Argh, I'm writing this whilst dying my hair, with one eye on the clock (last time I left it on too long and it was NOT a good look) and the other on Gilmore Girls, so needless to say this is a slightly rushed/haphazard post...

Anyway, I awoke this morning and did my usual routine of checking emails, blogger, twitter and Topshop (in that order) on my iPhone - in the words of Sylvia Plath "what did my hands do before they held you?" - and discovered that Toppers' new range of premium DRESS UP dresses has landed online.

Overall I am impressed with the quality and fashion-forward vibe of the collection, but my loins lust after these two beauties in particular:




Gorgeous, right?

My most favourite skirt in the entire world is from Toppers and is made of the same studded leather this second dress is cut from - would it be stupidly excessive to have BOTH a studded leather skirt AND a studded leather dress...? Nahhhhh!

Ooooh now to some exciting news :) Yesterday I was contacted by an actual newspaper website asking if I wanted to write some articles for them, for actually publication yo, and I've managed to secure my first article for The List aswell...sooooooooo I guess I can now officially call myself a real life journalist! Small potatoes at the moment, perhaps, but next stop TOTAL WORLD DOMINATION! Muhahahaaa!

And if you follow me on Twitter you'll know that tomorrow is the fabulous Scottish Blogger Meetup event at the amazing Blythswood Square Hotel, then onto the Theatre Royal for Scottish Ballet's new spring production, Alice!




You might remember that a while back I wrote about how I went to go see Cinderella and was totally blown away? Well Alice is Scottish Ballet's newest production from the same creative team and choreographer. Needless to say I am super excited for the ballet itself but also for meeting up with the other bloggers who are attending - especially those I have already spoken to online and in real life, but also those I've yet to meet!

There's 21 of us all going in total so too many to name and link to at the moment (my scalp is beginning to tingle - bad sign?) but next time I post I'll make sure to do just that! However, I simply must mention Ann from Girl in the City Glasgow who organised this whole amazing bonanza! Giving her mega SNAPS!

BUT WHAT TO WEARRRRR?



12 comments:

sarah said...

I have the same Topshop skirt and thought the same thing about that dress! I LOVE IT. Why can't I wear studded leather all day every day?!

Plate Middleton said...

OMFG_ well done on the article writing, that is HUGE, massive congrats> also those dresses are sensational. I am still stuck on what to wear tomorrow, the one dress I have selected infact makes me look like a giant toddler. FRESH.

xx

Rachel, Cold Knees said...

Wow congrats on all the journo stuff! :D I do like items in that collection, but the price tag means I can't buy any of it, boo. And you can't really have enough studded leather.. x

Kirsty said...

haha thanks ladies, and yes, studded leather FTW!! Also, Ruth, I hear the giant baby looks is so hot right now!! Least you have selected a dress, that's half the battle! xx

Lisa said...

I know! WHAT TO WEAR????
My head has been spinning all week with ideas and I know I'll end up in my 'uniform' outfit.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Well done landing your journo jobs x

Madge said...

Mate - well done on the article stuff, awesome.

As for the Toppers thing. Right, I saw this collection yesterday, and likewise, I was utterly wowed by the leather studded number. Yes please.

Now, I'm not expecially qualified to slag off actual real-life models HOWEVER I clicked on this dress and when I seen the model with her unwashed-esque hair and looking like she's just got back from a proper hardcore bender. I was a bit turned off.

http://bit.ly/dXXkek

Maybe just me though...

See ya soon xxx

Kirsty said...

Haha well HELOOOO pal! Hmmm I dunno, I kind of like the styling. I think it fits with the edgier line, and I do actually like the pink roots and black parting line in the hair, it's very editorial and I like to see Toppers pushing the boundaries a bit.

I get that it might put some folk off though, but I still sorta dig it!

Catchye soon pal, catchup quick sharp :) xx

Angela said...

Ooh, enjoy Alice I went on wednesday night and it was incredible! Hope you hair turns out nice! xx

daniela kate morosini said...

that first dress is amazingg! xx

giddynici said...

The first dress is just stunning. Hope you had a fab time at Alice and with the other bloggers. Sounds like a lovely day. x

Unknown said...

Aaaahh well done about the article stuff missus, awfy proud of you :) Was great to see you on sat, did yous end up getting rather drunkard? Wish I could have stayed longer, but alas I am now an (almost) east coast punter :( anyways, hope to see you again soon lovely xx

Kirsty said...

Haha, despite my best efforts I remained strangely sober and towards the end totally exhausted! But what a day, totally loved every minute! Yes to seeing you again soon :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...