Sunday 6 February 2011

FAKE MODERN

I first heard of the brand Fake London through my ex boyfriend. An insatiable brit-pop fan and lover of all things CP Company, Acquascutum and now Pretty Green, I wasn't surprised when I discovered he also hoarded a small collection of vintage Fake London gear. Can't say it was a look that I instantly loved as at the time it tended to be a brand coveted by the Liam Gallagher's of the world...

Liam in Fake London parka


Charming.


Oh pipe down, ya glorified bampot.

BUT Fake London are back with a bang. I have to admit I'm a little in love with their comeback AW10 line, Fake Modern - both the menswear and the womenswear.

Urban casual is really not my thing but I'm trying to break out my mould a little and embrace new styles and this definitely caught my eye.

Classic British motifs like the bulldog and Union Jack are still present but have been toned down, and materials like faux fur, tweed, denim and cashmere add a sophisticated textured edge to the flashes of neon and silver.



I also really love the capsule bag collection - the faux fur ones have FAKE emblazoned on the front, while the softest leather is used to create ones that look like plastic bags.

All in all a triumphant return for an iconic British label.



Their SS11 line carries on in much the same vein, but AW is by far my fav. Check it out here. As ever, thoughts?

:)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...