Monday 11 July 2011

GIRL CRUSH DU JOUR: ALEXIS KRAUSS

One half of Brooklyn-based noise-pop duo Sleigh Bells, Alexis Krauss has been on the periphery of my radar for a while as a badass rock n roll chick, but after the video for the band's new single Rill Rill (taken from their AWESOME album Treats) was released recently, I've developed a FULL ON girl crush/borderline obsession.

Loving everything about this look. Check what I mean:





See? Not only is this a GRADE A choon, perfect for lazy summery days in the park with friends, but Alexis's style is off the hook.



I think we all know how much of a fan I am of acid-wash denim, and the studded fingerless glove and leather studded bracelets remind me of my mosher days. Plus, she's making me want to cut a fringe in like NAEBDY'S BUSINESS.

On yersel Alexis...









Stone fox, right?

5 comments:

Julia M said...

She's mega beautiful, right enough.

Anonymous said...

I love her hair, fitttt. deffo diggin' the song too, had it on whilst i pottered about before and it cheered me right up- so summery! :D xxxxx

Matthew Spade said...

i'm a sucker for tattoos.

well you are the go-to person for all things glasgow! thanks for all that, it's really interesting and great to put a name and some background to the things we saw. i forwarded your comment to my girlfriend too, she was well into it.

we did consider the Necropolis but we didn't nearly have enough time. i'd love to go back though, all my gf's family are from scotland so i'm sure it will happen again soon. thanks for the other top tips, the transport museum was on my list but again, no time

Jazz Virtue said...

Yes yes yes! Love!
I need my bangs back after seeing this :)
Nice blog ! :)

helen turnbull said...

LOVE this gir. Mass respect for this post. Little bit in love with your blog background too, its lush.

Helen, X
http://areyoudressingupordressingdown.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...