Monday 7 March 2011

KATE WINSLET - VOGUE UK APRIL COVER

Still at my work experience this week, and loving it more and more with every day, but missing having the time to blog about LOADS of relevant things that keep cropping up in the world of fashion... How flingin-flangin inconvenient that the world doesn't revolve around me, eh?

AAANYWAY part of my job at the beeb is to collect cuttings from the daily papers on arts/culture stories that might be of relevance. While doing that very thing this morning I came across photo's from Kate Winslet's Mario Testino shoot for April's Vogue and jotted down (on my hand no less) WINSLET/VOGUE/BLONDE lest I forget to post on it when I had a spare second. I think it was in The Independent or The Telegraph, I'm not sure now...

Without further ado, here is the cover in all its STUNNING GLORY (courtesy of Coco's Tea Party who beat me to it. As usual. That girl is always one step ahead!)





WOWZERS, right? I was totally blown away! I don't think Kate has ever looked so beautiful, sporting this BOLD colour and cut - particularly apt cover title then...

Channeling Michelle Williams' gamine, bleached crop definitely works for Kate... in an editorial sense anyway. Can't lie though, it DOES make me nervous as a look for "real life" but for a fashion editorial, this hairdo is on the freakin' money.

Anyway, have a look at the article if you can (sorry I can't be more specific where I saw it, defo Independent or Telegraph) as it showed a few other looks from the shoot as well as the cover. She truly photographs stunningly. Mario Testino, you utter genius, you.
 
Also, ageless much? Seriously, Kate, your a grade A babe.

4 comments:

Jasmin said...

I love this cover. Kate's always been stunning but this just works so well as a summery editorial. x

Joanna Louise said...

Ever since titanic I have had a big fat lesbian girl crush on her (Ok maybe not from that age) but she is looking so beautiful on this cover! x

Anonymous said...

Aw, thanks for the comment lovely, feeling much better about everything now. Just a bad few days of thinking 'what am I even doiiingg'! ha. But all is well :)
So glad that you are enjoying your time at the BBC! :D
I can't actually believe how young Kate Winslet looks! She just doesn't seem to age at all, and that hair style is just gorgeous on her :)xxx

Kirsten Read said...

This even makes me want short hair - she looks blimmin' gorgeous! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...