Sunday 29 August 2010

CH-CH-CH-CH-CH-CH-CH-CH CHERRY BOMB

So I've been in a foul horrible disgusting mood this weekend - I couldn't get time off to go to that fashion show on Friday and I've been working ten hour shifts ever since, then coming home and watching crap telly and gorging on Thorntons factory rejects, cuddling my cat and cursing the world. SO to get out of my almighty FUNKITY FUNK I've decided to concentrate on...

THE THINGS I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO!!!!!

1. Going back to uni!





I'm so unbelievably excited about going back to do my Masters in Multimedia Journalism. It's been a year since I graduated the first time, and I'm more than ready to get stuck back in. Writing essays and researching stuff are pretty much all I ever want to do, and I can't wait to breeze down the hall to my first shorthand class in my new winter coat, possibly with one (or all four) of these in my bag?


Topshop notebooks. Michael Jackson's my favourite, brilliant! Actually, I've been looking about online for some cute/quirky stationary but with disappointing results. Anyone know of any good websites? Cos you know, with 2 weeks to go before I start, I've got to get my priorities right...


2. Britney's POP cover. I had planned to do a whole blog about Britters but frankly it's 11 on a Sunday night and Family Guy is on in the background, PLUS Tavi has beaten me to it and damn, she's smart.

However, unlike Tavi, I actually remember Britney BEFORE K-Fed, before she became first the shaven-headed, braless, Starbucks-swigging nutjob we're more used to seeing recently. I was in primary 7 when Hit Me Baby One More Time came out and OHMAIIGAWD I loved her like only a 12 year old could.. Unconditionally.

I made up dances to the hits, I rejoiced when she got with uber-hot Justin and I cried when they broke up. In truth, I still love her. I can't help it, it's some kind of deep-rooted thing. To this day I STILL feel like if we met we would be total best mates. So yes, I can appreciate this cover for its satirical and sartorial commentary, but really I just want stick it on my wall. And I probably will. Enjoy...









3. The Runaways. I should hate it. I SHOULD mock the thought of it like everyone else. I mean, I pretty much hate Kristen Stewart - so god-damned miserable all the time, in serious need of a slap. Plus, the Bella from my imagination looks nothing like her (she looks like me...ahem!). And Dakota Fanning doesn't do it for me either, either in Twilight or anything else I've seen her in. I remember watching her being interviewed after doing Charlotte's Web or War of the Worlds or something, and she was so vile and insipid... Yuck! So yes, technically this film should hold no appeal, but what can I say, I'm a 15-year-old emo at heart. Plus, anything that can make Kristen look this rank:

..Is worth a few hours of my time.









4. Getting my tattoo. So I've been thinking about it for years, changing my mind again and again and shitting out. But now more than ever feels like the right time. New start, new beginning at uni, new chapter in my life.


When I first met my ex-boyfriend he had one or two dubious tattoos, and 3 years later he's COVERED. He now has a full sleeve, several arm pieces, two back pieces and a chest piece. His style was old school sailor tattoos, and I adored them. They're not for everyone, but on the right person they can be so perfect.





These are a selection of my favourites by Paul Slifer at Red Hot and Blue in Edinburgh - if you are considering getting anything old school done, check him out.

However, sorry to disappoint but I am not getting something like this done, I'm FAR too vanilla for that! Plus, my Dad would kill me. 23 and I can still say that with absolute certainty.

Instead I'm going for a short quote in French from Le Petit Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Cliched? Perhaps. Perfect? Definitely. I'm keeping it under wraps for now, but it should be done by the end of next week and if I can find my camera I might post a pic...


At the end of the day, like I told my ex - his tats are beautiful and I love them, but for me it's all about the words, and it always will be.

1 comment:

WeShop said...

That MJ notebook is so cool! Fab blog btw. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...