Monday 30 August 2010

BNK HLDY

So today my two friends and I cycled round our local park in the glorious sunshine. It was a really beautiful day here in Glasgow and I wore my trusty Levi's shorts and pink Topshop cropped tshirt, which I later discovered I had slittered my Fab ice lolly all down...Great.

However, I feel slightly guilty. You see, I can put on a good front, but deep down my heart's just not really into this summer stuff. I get FAR more excited by AW that SS and though it felt lovely to be out and about with bare arms and sunglasses on again, I just couldn't help coming home and perving over coats and boots and scarves etc. I am of the opinion that the park's pretty boating pond is infinitely more gorgeous when iced over.

With that in mind, check out this absolutle GEM of a coat...



It's from Oasis, which isn't usually somewhere I would shop - tends to feel a bit too straight-laced or officey for my liking - but even I was bowled over by this. The shearling is achingly on trend, but I especially like the drapey, waterfall effect rather than the more obvious aviator jacket that's everywhere right now. Frankly, of the affordable Burberry rip offs out there, the majority are pretty cheap looking, especially since most are PU and not realy leather - and many of the real leather and shearling jackets are just too ridiculously priced to consider, so this is really the best of both worlds. Different and striking, but affordable at only £80.

It comes in a lovely chocolate brown too which would look great with some tailored trousers and heeled boots, but knowing my own style, I'll definitely be going for the black. COS IM A GOTH! OK, no, but I just prefer it in black, and I have been buying a lot of black recently...

ALSO tomorrow I will be resurrecting my eBay acount from the dead and attempting to sell loads of old clothes and accessories. Keep checking out FORTY FOUR where I will post the link once its up and running and you might pick up a wee bargain. Expect to see loads of things I bought this year for Benicassim, including a Wildfox vest going for half price (never even worn) and loads more...

1 comment:

nikki said...

I've gotta check and see if Oasis still has this coat, it's super dope.

just randomly found your blog today and it's banging. consider me your newest minion x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...