Saturday 15 January 2011

RICK OWENS

Well, there goes my brief flirtation with Spring.

All this week I've been doing work experience at a magazine, assisting on shoots, pulling looks, collecting samples, dressing models, getting coffee... you name it!

Pretty much been LOVING it and even found myself warming towards the spring/summer feel of the shoots (bold colour blocking, spots and stripes, relaxed summer tailoring and lingerie). So much so that whilst rifling through endless tshirts and sleeveless dresses I began to make a mental wishlist for summer items, daydreaming about cycling round Rouken Glen park in the sun, She and Him playing on repeat in my headphones... ahhh...

NAW. Wasn't to last. Check the weather folks - it's blowing a gale up here, with a lovely blast of torrential rain from time to time for added dreichness. (Feel like I'm KIND OF obsessed with the weather recently, no?)

So sack that idea. Forget about spring/summer, I plan to live in jumpers and coats for at least another two months! Along with this new found enthusiasm for all things winter, returns my penchant for dark colours and, basically, goths. (been listening to The Pretty Reckless non stop, don't judge me).

Makes sense, then, that I've been reliving Rick Owens fall 2010 show and visibly swooning over, what is essentially, a jacket collection with added extras (padding, fur, structure, metallics...)








Swoooooon. Futuristic yet somehow classic, yes? Gothic but also romantic, yes?

Also, considering getting these Rick Owens badboys from Net-a-Porter as part of my prize. Only issue is they have sold out in a UK5 so I'll have to get them a size bigger. Not sure how that'll work, possibly just have to wear massive socks with them, or maybe buy special insoles? Hmm...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...