Friday 5 April 2013

CAN'T REPEAT THE PAST? OF COURSE YOU CAN!

OH MY GOD. Just about wet myself when I saw this new trailer for The Great Gatsby, featuring a new choon from Beyonce and Andre 3000 covering Amy Winehouse's Back to Black.

I mean, can you even take in how amazing that is? Wait till you see/hear it...


I mean...  I just... I can't...

*dies*

Gatsby is a BIG deal. It's a big deal anyway, but it's a big deal to me cos it's MAYBE my favourite book... MAYBE, definitely ONE OF my favourites. Re-reading it now reminds me of all the best bits of University - of being snuggled up in one of the grotty old armchairs in Starbucks on Byres Rd, totally lost in the world of West Egg, pining for Gatsby's redemption and Daisy's green light, welling up and the simplicity and beauty of the language, of chatting to my pals without shame about the BIG FEELS it conjures up, like regret, entrapment, fate, loss, ... Of losing countless hours in that bloody Starbucks when I should have been at lectures, just because I couldn't tear myself away.

In short, I'm into it.

I'm also into this NEW TRAILER! It gives more of the story away though I think, compared to the last two, which is a shame but whatever. How good does that Beyonce/Andre 3000 Back to Black cover sound? I know, right?! Insane! IN FACT, the whole soundtrack looks pretty banging...

  • 100$ Bill – JAY Z 
  • Back To Black – Beyoncé x André 3000 
  • Bang Bang - will.i.am 
  • A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got) – Fergie + Q Tip + GoonRock 
  • Young And Beautiful – Lana Del Rey 
  • Love Is The Drug - Bryan Ferry with The Bryan Ferry Orchestra 
  • Over The Love - Florence + The Machine 
  • Where The Wind Blows – Coco O. of Quadron 
  • Crazy in Love – Emeli Sandé and The Bryan Ferry Orchestra 
  • Together – The xx 
  • Hearts A Mess - Gotye 
  • Love Is Blindness – Jack White 
  • Into the Past – Nero 
  • Kill and Run - Sia

Oh MAAAAN. Yes to Sia, Jack Black, Flo, XX, Jigga and LDR.

Also recently released are the new posters which are ALSO TOTALLY EPIC. Could this post BE more exciting, Gatsby fans? Enjoy.









*dead*



1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm so excited! I've watched the trailer far too many times in the last day! The Beyonce/Andre 3000 cover sounds amazing! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...