Friday 10 August 2012

RECENT PURCHASE: MOTEL

What are you guys up to this weekend? I'm heading out with a pal tonight to drink and dance and cause mayhem in a notoriously-sweaty club and I realised the other day that I had NOTHING to wear! The gorge Evil Twin galaxy print dress that I bought recently is still my favourite dress of the moment (maybe of all time) but as it's velvet it's really more suited to autumn, and everything else in my wardrobe is either too smart or too casual! HONESTLY!

What I decided I needed was something short, tight and sleeveless. Doesn't sound like me, right? I know, I have no idea where the compulsion came from - I've DEFINITELY been watching too much Geordie Shore! Anyway, I figured I'd have a look at Motel's latest offerings as I seemed to remember from a while back that that sorta thing was right up their street. I opted for this wee number...






I was drawn initially to the high neck and then the cool print. It definitely straddles the trashy/classy divide but I figured with some opaque tights, chunky Jeffrey Campbells and spiked necklace it would just nudge it back over into 'respectable for a 25-year-old...' Oddly enough I wouldn't usually say my ARMPITS were one of my best features, and this dress does make something of an example of them, but I fell for the lure of how good it looks on this size 8 model (dangerous) and tried to convince myself that maybe it would flatter me too...

It arrived yesterday so I've had a chance to try it on and, aye, its nice. I'm not IN LOVE with it - mainly cos I think I'm just not particularly comfortable getting my pasty arms oot, and it is CRIMINALLY short, but the neckline is interesting and I like the print so it'll do fir the dancin.

Also, as I am no size 8, I did worry about my wobbly bits but thankfully the fabric is thick enough to do some serious SOOKING IN, but stretchy enough to accommodate a considerable bosom and bum. Ideal. Plus, I think this is kind of AGAINST Gok Wan's rules of fashion or something, but I do find that a busy print on a bodycon dress can often help disguise lumps and bumps rather than accentuate them. Don't shoot me Gok, I'm still all for a waist-cinching belt!

Anyway, what a rambly, ridiculous post. HERE'S MAH NEW DRESS. Hope y'all have an ace weekend.





3 comments:

Helen at THELOVECATSINC said...

i do raaather like this dress!

from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

Racingpit said...

Thank you for beeing you

Racingpit said...

Goodd reading your post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...