Monday 25 June 2012

PRADA MENSWEAR FALL 2012

Ohhh I do love a dapper suit, but I ESPECIALLY love it on the back of Gary Oldman, Garrett Hedlund, Jamie Bell, and Willem Dafoe. Especially Jamie Bell, more than a whiff of male model about him, no? I first spotted this collection ages ago and knew I recognised the mock-Victoriana, mildly Gothic vibe and today I read an article describing it as Steampunk... LIGHTBULB MOMENT! Of course, how did I not see it?!

What the hell is Steampunk? Only the weirdest genre/sub-culture ever! More on that in a minute, first lets drool over the guys clothes:















Ohhhh the tailoring! And the LAYERING! Polonecks under shirts under vests under trenches under overcoats? Why not?! Vaguely military, slightly Wild West, this collection has Steampunk written all over it...

"Steampunk is a genre which originated during the 1980s and early 1990s and incorporates elements of science fiction, fantasy, alternate history, horror, and speculative fiction. It involves a setting where steam power is widely used—whether in an alternate history such as Victorian era Britain or "Wild West"-era United States, or in a post-apocalyptic time —that incorporates elements of either science fiction or fantasy."

Wanna see some cool folk dressed up all hilarious-like? Of course you do...

I wanna be friends with THEM!

Totes bizarre, but all I know is that Prada took something super weird and made it super hot. Genius!





3 comments:

Amii ScarletPout said...

I LOVE this collection. I'm obsessed with the Victorian era - although I'm not all that big a fan on steampunk style (it reminds me too much of Final Fantasy VI, and that was a frickin' awful game) I love that style of jewellery.

Look at Jamie Bell! *heart melts* he is beautiful.

A Possible Fantasy said...

love these clean lines, mix of textures and prints, fantastic detailing. and victorian feeling. fine tailoring at its best!

do you want to follow each other (on bloglovin' and gfc)? let me know!
see you around!

www.apossiblefantasy.blogspot.com

Kirsty said...

@Amii yeah I know what you mean, Steampunk proper is jsut about the freakiest thing I've ever come across but I'm totally blown away by how Prada have taken it and made it into a jaw-droppingly awesome collection. And yes, swoonage at JB. Come a long way from Billy Eliot! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...