Friday 24 June 2011

I'M ON THE EDGE

OF SANITY GLORY...

Gotta be honest here and confess that the song itself was a bit of a grower, but as soon as I saw the video I was SOLD! Fun fact: Gaga in Versace is a good thing -






My favourite look is of Gaga in the iconic vintage 90s Versace silk shirt, and apparently she's now vowed to wear nothing but Versace for 2 months after Donatella gave her a key to the family vault. Can you say WELL JEL?

I am ALL FOR this look on Gaga - just feels like she was made to rock it... Observe:




I mean, yes it's garish, loud, mental, tacky, fabulous, ghetto and weird, but that's why we all love her, right?

So anyway this look reminded me of a few things I'd favourited over on Etsy a while back but then promptly forgot all about. Check out these Edge of Glory-esq treasures:



The more I look at this shirt the more I'm like, I MUST HAVE IT! For Godsake it's got a giraffe on the back. Come on, that's amazing! Yup, defo gonna get this.


An actual Versace shirt from the 90s. I want this so badly it hurts, but it's like £150. Click to enlarge this photo and see what I mean though - stunning!


Even though I just bought that Zara backpack (which is actually kind of similar now I come to think of it, at least in terms of shape, zip and studs, hmmm...) this is also making me foam at the mouth with bag-lust.

Swoonage.

I'm predicting somewhat of a resurgence in this vintage Versace-inspired look thanks in part to Gaga but also in response to the news that they''ll be the next big designer to collaborate with H&M for Autumn. I'm 
pumped for the studded bodycon leather that I've heard rumours of... And, well, it's got to be better than last year's Lanvin collab, right? *shudder*

Anyway, what do you guys think of this look? Should I buy that shirt? I mean, I probably will anyway, but will y'all disown me if I do?

....................................................................................

Oh, and just cos I watched it yesterday and it was HILARIOUS, here's a few quotes from that seminal 90s teen flick, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and a brilliant photo of Hilary Swank looking like a goon. Happy Friday!

Kimberly "Buffy? What's your sitch? You're acting like the thing from another tax bracket."

Pike: "Buffy, you're the guy. You are the chosen guy."
Buffy: "Right. I'm the chosen one. And I choose to be shopping."

"Does the word "duh" mean anything to you?"

"All I want to do is graduate from high school, go to Europe, marry Christian Slater, and die. Now it may not sound too great to a sconehead like you, but I think it's swell. And you come along and tell me I'm a member of the hairy mole club so you can *throw* things at me? "

Kimberly [while having a fight with Buffy]: "Get out of my facial!"

LOLCATS!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually LOVE that shirt- the one with the giraffe on, amazinggggg. I really want it hahaha. Gaga looks so good in Versace, it looks like its been made with her in mind!
Hilary Swank looks hilarious hahahah, love it.
xxxx

Roisin Elizabeth Keats said...

Versace + Gaga = fate.

Definitely get the shirt! It's farrrr too amazing to pass up on!!!
Versace & H&M = Cannot wait.
Though I doubt there will be anything left because I will undoubtedly be in uni all day that day and by the time I'm done it will all be gone. Sad face.

Much Love
Roisin Elizabeth
xoxox

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...