Sunday 13 November 2011

LINNEA STRID

I cannot get enough of Swedish artist Linnea Strid's HYPERREAL (it's a word, yo) paintings at the moment.

Yes, PAINTINGS, not photos. I was confused myself at first, but these works of total genius and insane skill are actually oil on canvas. They are so realistic that it's hard to believe - just look at the way she captures the distortion of the water and texture of the skin:












Crazily good, no?

Linnea does loads of other paintings on other subjects but I just love these watery ones - the amount of detail and texture is breathtaking. Her next exhibition will be at the Thinkspace Gallery in LA in December, so, like, if you're in the neighborhood pop in, innit.


Right, that's enough cultured arty chat, I'm away to watch the end of Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs and get ready for Gaga on XFactor!

3 comments:

Karen said...

These are so so stunning. Sure you've not snuck in a photo or two!?xx

Strawberry Freckleface said...

Oh my gosh. I am in LOVE with these. I want her work on my walls.

Erin said...

These are beautifully painted x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...